Monday, April 19, 2010

The Horrible Orange Trench Coat

As many of you know I do a lot of crafting for various charities. Friday I stopped at a local nursing home and asked what they needed. One of the things she mentioned was activity aprons for their dementia patients. These are aprons with various things to fiddle with like buttons, zippers, laces and anything else that might keep their hands busy

I went out shopping for supplies for them Saturday. Found some just right zippers (short with a large pull), some fringe, lace and denim for the apron itself at a craft supply resale shop. Then I stopped at a regular resale shop and found a bead garland with lots of kitty cat wooden beads for only a dollar. Also stopped at a yard sale and found this horrible orange trenchcoat but the big orange buttons will be perfect and I only paid 10¢ for it! I'm having fun just doing the shopping, can't wait to start working on them.

If your local (or wouldn't mind shipping them) and have anything I might be able to use for these I would appreciate any donations. If you do any crafts see the list on Deb's Crafts of things the nursing home and hospice need.

I'm off to St Louis for a couple days again. It's a lot of back and forth for my job but I don't mind too much most of the time. I've made a lot of friends down there and this gives me a chance to visit. Hope you all have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment