Friday, February 26, 2010

So Glad it's Friday

Wow, it seemed like the work week was going to last forever! I would have titled this TGIF except that has become so cliche. How about Thank God It's Payday? I had the horrible experience of having to replace my brakes this week so there went a large chunk of that paycheck.

That's why I stock up on sale items when I have the money. If I buy extra.. well, let's say soup, at say 60¢ a can. (on sale for $1, 40¢ off 2 coupon doubled). Then I don't have to buy it this week at $2.49 a can when my funds are low.

I did stop at the local veggie place for some fresh veggies for a salad. I love this place, it's called Sugar Grove Growers and it's fruit and veggies are often a lot cheaper than the grocery stores. I walked out with a plastic shopping bag full for a little over $6. Salad for dinner!

Did you ever try raw zucchini in a salad? I've been doing it for about a year now. Saw a recipe for a salad somewhere that included it and found out it's pretty good. Another way I like zucchini is my Sauteed Zucchini. I actually make it for pot lucks and get lots of compliments, quite a change from the old green bean casserole standby.

Don't forget to enter one or both of my contests, they both end on the 28th of this month so hurry. If you crochet you can still enter to win some yarn at Deb's Crafts. And don't forget to enter the contest for a free Nancy's Appetizer coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment